July 9, 2008

Angelic - Chunky Book Artists - group 5

This was one of the 'Angelic' swaps that I was in - there are 12 people to each book and there were 6 books all up - I signed up for 3 books - 36 pages were more than enough for me! I bought some beautiful unmounted butterflies from a local craft shop - these were actually designed by one of the girls in the 'Angelic' swap - well done Linda, I just love them! I stamped my lady onto acetate and coloured her with a tombow pen and then attached it to white card. I then cut a slit into her back (she was very brave!) I stamped and embossed the wing onto vellum with white embossing powder and cut it out - I also coloured it with the same pen and placed the wing into the slit so it looked right. I used some fantasy film on the background - see if you can find it - I think it is camera shy! I white embossed images onto the corners of the green paper, added a flourish that I cut from purple shimmer paper and added the flower in the corner with a silver button brad. I used tiny little diamontes that mum gave me next to the words which were a purply/green colour and matched really well. The back of each page had to be decorated as well - so I used the same stamp but did a simplified version on the back with my details - There was quite a bit of embossing on this one and normally I don't emboss at all - so it was nice getting back to what enticed me to start stamping all those years ago!

4 comments:

  1. Visually stunning!!! Beautiful creations, all of your angel pages are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this was my first visit to your blog, and wowo! brilliant!

    I am thrilled to see you use my stamps too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Trizzy

    Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog. Love all my pages that arrived today, thank you so much.
    It was great to catch up with you too at the shoebox party.

    Hugs,

    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Trizzy
    Love your blog. Seeing all your angel pages makes me wish I had treid the impossible and signed up for more pages. Thanks for the link to my blog. I think you may be one of the only people who has done this.
    Must update it soon.
    Martina

    ReplyDelete