May 31, 2009

Favourite 'Bellie' Swap

With this swap we had to use our favourite embellishment and make an ATC with it. I used a flourish matt board piece - I have bought tins of these shapes and alphabets, so I am glad to be finally using them up! Using clear UTEE, heated it and while it was hot, I carefully added small pieces of fantasy film using tweezers. Keeping the heat on the piece so that it remained molten, I sprinkled on more clear UTEE and heated it again. I decided to leave it 'bumpy' with bits of FF poking thru but you could always add another layer of UTEE if you wanted a smooth look. The background is distress inks on canvas paper and stamped with white StazOn ink and the wording was cut with my Slice machine from vellum that was coloured with alcohol ink. Hope their journey to Carol in the US make it in one piece!

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous!!! This is so much fun. Can't wait to get a close up look of this piece and the fantasy film, too.

    ReplyDelete