November 8, 2008

Something Textured

On Chunkybooks we are doing different challenges and the 1st one is anything with texture. I made this box a while back and really loved how it turned out. I used crushed tissue paper, coral paper, mesh, crushed paper, heavy textured paper, gauze, mulberry paper and hot glue - basically anything with lots of texture. I glued everything down really well with gel medium and when it was dry gave the whole box two coats of black gesso. The good thing about this technique you can use any scraps laying around and it doesn't matter if it turns out oddly coloured because you paint over it. You can't tell on the photos but I covered the sides in the heavy texture paper too. When that was dry I highlighted the lid with gold, crimson and grape lumieres. Left that to dry and gave two coats of 'Gloss Crystal Kote' It is quite glossy to look at but I don't think the photos do it justice.

6 comments:

  1. Trizzy, looks & sounds ever so yummy ... just want to touch it now ... thanks for sharing ... OOroo ... Bethel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your textured box, it is divine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this box Trizzy, I love to be able to touch and feel the texture. Thanks for sharing. Your blog is looking great with lots of lovely arty creations.

    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, it's gorgeous - I love how it's got rich colour but still looks like an ancient relic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trizzy _ I really enjoyed my visit to your blog! I am going to visit back often... You are very talented and I got a number of great ideas from you... Thanks for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trizzy, I love this technique. I have yet to try the black gesso, but it is on my list!

    ReplyDelete